Monday, February 6, 2012

Today I woke up and almost couldn't move due to having something out of place in my back. I haven't been able to really get anything accomplished today other than the lights and heat mats put into my little seed starting greenhouse. The boys and I have managed to plant one flat full of seeds, now they are all old seeds so I am not holding my breath, but I have been pleasantly  surprised in the past with seeds that have been even older, so there is still hope.  I have had time to devote to more intellectual pursuits and have started planning my garden.

We are expecting closer to average temps this week, so much of the work I had planned I am likely going to wimp out on doing simply because I don't want to be out in the cold but I can promise I will use the excuse that I don't want to drag my nephew out in it as a way to save face. Dennis and I are going to be putting out what I am going to call my one-two punch garden. We are going to have around a 35x20 foot in ground traditional garden and then some of my raised beds...or possibly all of them, we haven't decided yet. I have 12 raised beds that are shorter and good for everything except your longer root veggies, and one bed that is a foot deep and perfect for carrots parsnips and potatoes. The garden bug always hits me about mid winter especially if we have a handful of nice sunny warm days. We have had more than our share of those nice sunny days this winter and I shudder to think of what may still be in store for us yet, or what our summer may be.

The boys are recovering from their sudden snotty noses, and all three are still loving being in school. Hard to believe that The Bob is going to our local co-op school to help him with his speech. Thankfully he doesn't seem to have the behavioral or the sensory issues that Turkey does. So far they are doing great being in the same classroom together despite my fears that they may clash and fight being in the same class. Boo is LOVING kindergarten and doing very very well, which isn't surprising at the rate he likes to learn. I don't know how the girls are doing in school this year as they are going to a different school this year than they did last. Their previous school sent us their report cards each time and we often got emails from their teachers talking about how they were doing and what they were studying. This year we haven't been lucky enough to receive such communications.


Hopefully there will be photos of our new rabbits up this weekend as I am preparing to go and get a little herd of rabbits started again as long as the wicked wizard of the east doesn't complain just to hear himself rumble.  And I am going to make like a potato...

No comments:

Post a Comment