Friday, February 10, 2012

A baby step....

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to own a place of my own and have a small orchard, a HUGE garden, and raise critters of all types. To know where my food came from and what it ate, and know that it was treated with respect and love while it was alive, and gratitude and honor as it died. I feel like I am one step closer to that this weekend. I am going tomorrow to pick up my three new rabbits for breeding and fiber. I am getting an Angora male that is white, A New Zealand jr. Doe that is grey, and a Flemish Giant/New Zealand cross doe, I will meet them tomorrow to decide if I want the white FG/NZ cross or the sandy colored one.

This is going to give me rabbits that should be great for meat rabbits and also at least the one buck for angora fiber for spinning. They are about the only thing that I can raise in town with me having a grumpy neighbor who refuses for me to be able to have chickens for their eggs, with food getting higher and higher and higher, I just want to do something to help cut the costs of our living, and to make me feel like I am doing something to help the environment.






No comments:

Post a Comment